Breast Cancer Options is an independent non-profit and the largest provider of breast cancer services in the Hudson valley. In many places we are the only provider. We are an organization of survivors and their supporters who understand that a woman diagnosed with breast cancer is suddenly faced with some of the most important decisions she will ever make about her own healthcare. In deciding on a plan of action, it is important to understand:
- That all questions are good ones
- Which information is credible and reliable
- What statistics really mean
- Which lifestyle changes make a difference
- How complementary medicine can be integrated in treatment
- That you do not have to face all this, including physician visits, by yourself
METASTATIC BREAST CANCER RETREAT
The next retreat will be held September 22-27, 2013 at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck NY. First consideration will be given to women from the Hudson Valley. Funded by a grant from the Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation.
Our free 2012 retreat for women with metastatic disease was held at the Omega Institute. There are few resources and services for women with advanced breast cancer and although we are all inundated with "pink messages" each October, they do not include this forgotten population and many survivors feel that such messages have trivialized a serious disease.
Read more about this program.